Latest Comments

  • PREMCHANDRA J LOKHAN... More
    i support ericsson as rcom can dupe anyone , they had... Sunday, 14 October 2018
  • Bud Biswas More
    Our company, Polaris Networks, has helped other smaller... Friday, 12 October 2018
  • Developing Telecoms More
    That is correct - it is the coastline of Equatorial Guinea,... Friday, 12 October 2018
  • Xavier Muñoz More
    This photo is not from São Tomé e Príncipe Thursday, 04 October 2018
  • adewalebeke@yahoo.co... More
    Hello,
    My name is Adewale. I am a Healthcare Manager in... Friday, 21 September 2018

Turkcell considering Lebanese state tender

Turkish market leader Turkcell has begun a preliminary review to establish whether it will bid in the upcoming tender for managing Lebanon’s state-owned mobile networks.

The operator stated that while “no Board of Directors decision has yet been taken”, it “regularly monitors and evaluates investment opportunities in the region”.

Turkcell CEO Kaan Terzioglu has gone on record to say that the operator is keen to expand into areas “where we have cultural affinity in central Asia, Balkans, the Middle East and North Africa.”

Lebanon currently has just two operators – Zain’s Touch, which has a market share of 52%, and Alfa which has the other 48%.

Comments powered by CComment