Turkcell considering Lebanese state tender

Turkish market leader Turkcell has begun a preliminary review to establish whether it will bid in the upcoming tender for managing Lebanon’s state-owned mobile networks.

The operator stated that while “no Board of Directors decision has yet been taken”, it “regularly monitors and evaluates investment opportunities in the region”.

Turkcell CEO Kaan Terzioglu has gone on record to say that the operator is keen to expand into areas “where we have cultural affinity in central Asia, Balkans, the Middle East and North Africa.”

Lebanon currently has just two operators – Zain’s Touch, which has a market share of 52%, and Alfa which has the other 48%.

Sign-up to our weekly newsletter

Keep up-to-date with all the latest news, articles, event and product updates posted on Developing Telecoms.
Subscribe to our FREE weekly email newsletters for the latest telecom info in developing and emerging markets globally.
Sending occasional e-mail from 3rd parties about industry white papers, online and live events relevant to subscribers helps us fund this website and free weekly newsletter. We never sell your personal data. Click here to view our privacy policy.