A service provider which specialises in emerging markets has extended its mobile services contract with the leading mobile operator in Kosovo. Monaco Telecom International (MTI), a division of Monaco Telecom, has been a partner to Post and Telecommunications of Kosovo (PTK) since the end of the Kosovo conflict in 1999. PTK, which is owned by the Government of Kosovo, was the first operator to deploy a GSM network in the country of 2 million people. PTK has 1.2 million mobile customers using its Vala mobile brand. Martin Péronnet, the Chief Executive of Monaco Telecom, said: “The signing of this contract is a great step for Monaco Telecom and the recognition of a great team effort working with PTK. Over time we have built a very solid business partnership.” MTI provides a range of services for PTK including:
- Managing its international incoming mobile traffic
- Supplying services for roaming customers such as SMS messages on entry and exit from the country
- Provision of roaming services and mobile content services
- Operational support services like the billing of GPRS roaming
- Services to detect and prevent fraud
- Use of Monaco Telecom’s international dialling code by customers of the PTK mobile network, Vala.