×

Warning

JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 544

Sotelco enters Cambodia with Comverse ONE billing platform

Comverse has been commissioned by Sotelco, a new Cambodian mobile operator, to supply its ONE billing and active customer management solution. The solution is intended to support prepaid and postpaid subscribers and to roll out bundled multi-play service offerings. Sotelco, whose majority owner is VimpelCom Group, will also implement Comverse's voice and messaging services from the Comverse HUB system, including SMS, MMS, ringback tones, call completion services and management of mobile data services.
 
Comverse ONE is a comprehensive Business Support System (BSS) solution that "saves operators time and money because convergent billing, order management and customer management are built around the same data model, thereby removing integration points and speeding deployment times. This approach allows operators to support new business models, and is scalable to meet evolving business needs and phased transformation goals."
 
Comverse Global Services helped to deploy Comverse ONE at Sotelco, acting as the main service delivery partner for the project. Vladimir Riabokon, Executive Vice-President, VimpelCom, stated, "Following the successful deployment of Comverse ONE at Sotelco, we strongly welcome the opportunity to work with Comverse to expand this platform to additional affiliates and markets in the region."
 
* Sotelco is a subsidiary of the VimpelCom Group. In July 2008 VimpelCom announced that it had acquired a 90% stake in the Cambodian company, which in turn holds a GSM 900/1800 licence and related frequencies for the territory of Cambodia. The transaction was achieved through the purchase of 90% of Sotelco's parent company, Atlas Trade Limited, for US$28 million from VimpelCom's largest shareholder Altimo. The remaining 10% of Atlas will stay with a local entrepreneur. VimpelCom has also acquired a call option to purchase this partner's interest for its market value at the date of exercise of the option.
 
** VimpelCom consists of telecommunications operators providing voice and data services through a range of mobile, fixed and broadband technologies. The Group includes companies operating in Russia, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Georgia, Armenia, as well as Vietnam and Cambodia, in territories with a total population of about 340 million. VimpelCom was the first Russian company to list its shares on the New York Stock Exchange.

More info:

Sign-up to our weekly newsletter

Keep up-to-date with all the latest news, articles, event and product updates posted on Developing Telecoms.
Subscribe to our FREE weekly email newsletters for the latest telecom info in developing and emerging markets globally.
Sending occasional e-mail from 3rd parties about industry white papers, online and live events relevant to subscribers helps us fund this website and free weekly newsletter. We never sell your personal data. Click here to view our privacy policy.